Grammar In FocusAuthors/Coordinators: Rosalinda Cupcupin, Remedios Buenaventura
Project Managers: Msgr. Gerardo Santos and Sr. Leonila Jimenez, OP,
Authors: Josefina de los Santos, Lucrecia Garcia , Lulu Manahan, and Ma. Cristina Menor
For Grades 1-6
- Contains a series of multilevel, modular exercises in language structure, grammar, and usage that cater to learners' different ability levels, helping them gain proficiency and fluency in speaking and writing in English.
- Uses real-life situations as examples and exercise items to highlight the application of language rules in day-to-day life.
- Answers the call of the new curriculum by empowering pupils to learn how to learn and develop life skills that make them better individuals.
- Features self-directed exercises and allows pupils to check their own work after every exercise, promoting positive values like honesty, self-confidence, self-reliance, and self-discipline.
- Provides and avenue for parents' active involvement in the learning process by requiring them to monitor their children's performance in the exercises.
- The Skillbook provides a battery of exercises from easy to difficult, ensuring an orderly progression of language skills of learners with varying ability levels. The skillbook also has multiple functions as it offers exercises that may serve as diagnostic tests; reinforcement exercises; practice tests for entrance, achievement, and quarterly/periodical exams; and group exercises for cooperative learning activities. A separate Key to Correction is provided for the pupils to check their own answers in the exercises