Let's Communicate in English SeriesAuthor/Coordinator: Lolita Arcinas
Project Director - Harold Reynolds, FSC
Authors - Marillyn Encarnado, Jocelyn Briones, Judith Redondo, and Ma. Antoinette Montealegre
For Preschool A-B; Grades 1-7
- Offers a balanced study of four communication skills-listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- Follows a unique approach called the communicative-interactive approach that stresses language use through interaction, it emphasizes increases learners' English proficiency through interactive activities stimulating real-life communication situations.
- Emphasizes a task-based approach in developing pupils' communicative competence; every communication activity achieves a communication goal/output, veering away from the usual rote practice that promotes aimlessness.
- Leads pupils to have a better grasp of practical English and use it in their day-to-day communication with others through practical language lessons that pupils may readily apply outside the classroom.
- Gives attention to semantics, it presents pupils with behavioral, linguistic, and para-linguistic alternatives for conveynig a message.
- Exposes pupils t superior literature and creative writing in various genres such as fables, folk tales, anecdotes, poems, riddles, rhymes, and limericks.
- Provides numerous projects to work on, adding fun to language learning.
- Preschool books build up preschoolers' reading readiness skills and acquaint them with the different language structures (e.g., sounds, words, and sentences).
- Grades 1 and 2 books enable pupils to use the language structures they learned in preschool through interactive and practical speaking and writing exercises or activities.
- Grades 3 and 7 books lead pupils to the mastery of English as a second language. It teaches them how to use the language in social situations, in reading and writing, in enjoying literature, and in learning other content areas (e.g., science, math, social studies, and health).