Making Reading EasyAuthor-Coordinator: Purificacion Escriba
Consultant: Ma. Nicena Dionaldo
Authors: Maria Salome Bernas, Merlinda Lagahit, Sofia Palmares, Annabelle Sanchez, Ana Maria Rosa Silva, and Rosanna Vital
- Develops and enhances preschoolers' reading skills.
- Employs the communicative competence and discovery approaches to ensure use of the English language in real-life communication situations.
- Helps pupils to recognize the letters of the alphabet and associate pictures with letter sounds.
- Acquaints pupils with a wide range of vocabulary that includes words with long vowel sounds.
- Assists learners to master reading words with blends and short vowel sounds.
- Tackles words with diphthongs and silent letters that are introduced to make the activities more challenging.
- Builds up writing skills. Reinforcing them through bountiful exercises in tracing lines; connecting dots; and copying letters, words, and sentences.
- Leads young readers to enjoya variety of short stories and read these with fluency and comprehension.
- Teachers the preschoolers how to spell short and simple words through supply-the-missing-letter and unscramble-the-letters exercises.