Our Nation, Our WorldCoordinators-Authors: Virginia Floresca-Cawagas and Toh Swee-Hin
Authors: Johnson Aspacio, Laz' Andre Cawagas, Ernesto Cloma, Yolanda Hernandez, and Teresita Pedrajas
- Deepens pupils' knowledge and consciousness of our historical roots, identity as a people, geography, and rich culture.
- Acquaints pupils withtheir rights and duties as well as responsibilities as Filipinos.
- Exhibits sensitivity in dealing with cultural diversity.
- Promotes the values of environmental protection, justice, compassion, sharing, and hope, linking well-being with civics and culture.
- Includes interesting stories that magnify the human interest side of history.
- Discusses the different issues, ideas, and problems being faced by the Philippine society.
- Touches on peace, environmental, and human rights eduction.
- Uses different methods that encourage students' active participation in learning, e.g., singing, dancing, role-playing, group discussion, case study, public form, and interview.
- Encourages reflective thinking and critical understanding through a journal at the end of every lesson and through several guide questions in Unit Reflections.