Reading for Learning and Living Series, Silver Ed.Authors: Araceli Villamin,Obdulia Jose, Ma. Lourdes Villanueva, Chita Villamin, Evelyn Salazar, Gloria Tamisen, Wilhelmina Borjal, Flora Matienzo, and Phebe Pentilde
Coordinators: Evangeline Olea, Alicia Villanueva, Edilberto Dagot, Avelina Gil
For Preschool A-C; Grades 1-7
- Develops and enhances preschoolers' reading skills.
- Employs the communicative competence and discovery approaches to ensure use of the English language in real-life communication situations.
- Helps pupils to recognize the letters of the alphabet and associate pictures with letter sounds.
- Acquaints pupils with a wide range of vocabulary that includes words with long vowel sounds.
- Assists learners to master reading words with blends and short vowel sounds.
- Tackles words with diphthongs and silent letters that are introduced to make the activities more challenging.
- Builds up writing skills. Reinforcing them through bountiful exercises in tracing lines; connecting dots; and copying letters, words, and sentences.
- Leads young readers to enjoya variety of short stories and read these with fluency and comprehension.
- Teachers the preschoolers how to spell short and simple words through supply-the-missing-letter and unscramble-the-letters exercises.