Realistic MathAuthor-Coordinator: Paulino Gureng
Authors: Ma. Emily Bucot, Nena Contreras, Teresita Nobleza, Maria Joannah Allawan, Florinda Angeles, Allyn Chua-Go Tian, Imelda Cobacha-Dagotdot, Aurea dela Paz, Julio Melad, Adriano Taruc, and Aileen Guerrero-Tiu
Preschool A-C; Grades 1-6
- Banks on a realistic and friendly approach to teaching mathematics using real-life situations to make math learning relevant, fun, and easy for pupils.
- Provides interesting lessons, challenging problems, varied exercises, and exciting activities and games to help pupils discover fascinating relationships among numbers, symbols, patterns, shapes, and ideas.
- Fortifies the moral component of the series with values fully explained and processed in the lessons.
- Use language understandable to grade-schoolers.
- Ensures mastery of math concepts and skills with more than adequate exercises provided for in both worktext and teachers guide.
- Offers exercises of varying levels of difficulty to encourage pupils to practice their newly acquired skills and to delve deeper into the subject matter.
- Promotes Filipinism by highlighting Filipino culture and tradition in its lessons.
- Contains unique and innovative activities like "outdoor math" that help bring fun, creativity, and realism in math learning.