Science for Active LearningCoordinator-Author: Teresita Religioso
Consultant: Alan Cross
Authors: Regina Capili, Mary Jane Cruz, Imelda Fernando, Rodante Flores, Amelia Mapa, Delia Navaza, Ma. Lorrainnie Zarcal, Lilia Vengco, and Ma. Rosario Marasigan
Preschool A-C; Grades 1-7
- The country's first interactive science program!
- Introduces two modern strategies in science education: 1. design and technology (D and T) which engages pupils in designing and creating models, system, or procedures in exploring the principles of science; and 2. concept mapping which involves linking the relationships of various concepts through visual representation.
- Allows learners to recognize and experience the interplay of science and technology.
- Promotes science as a relevant and interesting activity for all types of learners by incorporating art, poems, and songs into the lessons.
- Ensures the interaction of pupils' minds and hands in discovering scientific phenomena and processes through D and T activities that also enhance their creative skills.
- Supports holistic learning by integrating concepts in language, social studies, values education with science ideas.