Understanding Elementary AlgebraSeries Project Director-Author: Simon Chua
Title: SIBS Progressive Mathematics Series
Authors: Andrew del Mundo and Josephine Lorenzo-Sy Tan
- Lays a solid foundation in elementary algebra as it teaches essential concepts of the subject using clear and simple language.
- Facilities students' easy identification of algebraic concepts, formulas, and algorithms as they are enclosed in a box.
- Features a section called A World of Caution that identifies common algebraic errors to help students avoid common mistakes when solving algebraic problems or equations.
- Offers exercises that range from warm-up drills progressively increasing in difficulty so that the slow learners may gain confidence in tackling complex items.
- Presents interesting exercises that apply to real-life situations to make discussions more enjoyable and comprehensible and to ensure a relevant, modern, and interesting math education.
- Caters to a wide range of learning types and abilities of students.