English Language PowerAuthors: Rosalinda Cupcupin, Remedios Buenaventura, Leticia Batac
Coordinators/Authors: Vilma Dominguez, and Sr. Teresa Examen
Consultants: Sr. Ma. Aurelia Navarro, OP, Elvira Agra, Aida Alfaro , Jovita Arquillo, Corazon Concepcion, Maria Teresa Valera-del Rosario, Yolanda Tan Feliz-Tan, Yolanda Piang, and Dei Yusingco
For Grades 1-6
- Develops pupils' ability for better communication in English vis-a-vis the development of their grammar and language arts skills (listening, reading, speaking, and writing) through the communicative or functional approach to language learning and teaching.
- Stresses language functions to develop grammar competence, using easy-to-understand discussions on the different grammatical structures, aided by a battery of exercises and review materials.
- Fully utilizes pupils' interaction in big groups small groups, or pairs through games and activities to underscore the importance of cooperative learning
- Conforms with the 2002 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) as it is integrative, interactive, values-laden, and equips pupils with functional English literacy.
- Includes drills that acquaint pupils with the correct spelling of words and build on their word power.
- Recognizes the importance of correct pronunciation in effective communication and offers lessons and exercises on how to pronounce sounds of words (e.g., letter sounds, diagraphs, blends, and clusters) and how to be an effective speaker.