Good Manners and Right ConductAuthor: Juanita Guerrero
Coordinators: Estelita Abana, Maria Cusipag, and Juanita Guerrero
- Primarily aims at building pupils' good character, teaching them to judge what is right and to do what they believe is right.
- Places emphasis on operative values or values in action, aiming to transform values into virtues and virtues into character through numerous activities for application.
- Follows and integrated format in developing character which is a fusion of three interrelated parts-moral knowing, moral feeling, and moral behavior-involving habits of the mind, heart, and action.
- Includes numerous add-on activities in case children learn the lessons fast enough and a need for more activities arises.
- Develops universal values such as cleanliness, kindness, patience, love for the family, care for other people, and courteousness and respect.
- Promotes nationalism/patriotism and anchors lessons on respected Philippine traditions and customs.
- Includes lessons on strengthening faith in and love for God.
- Exposes pupils to numerous and repeated experiences in doing and applying the values learned.
- Provides pupils with opportunities to validate their own value system as they interact with their classmates and express their opinions, views, and reactions to certain situations.
- Established school-home-community connections to ensure reinforcement of values learned in the classroom.