- Follows the process of going through the five macro skills: pag-unawa (understanding), pagninilay (reflecting), pagsangguni (consulting), pagpapasya (decision making), and pagkilos (performing/acting)
- Uses the five macro skills to enable the learners to eventually develop desirable attitudes and habits, for them to grow in their capacity and personal commitment to do their best, to do what is the good, and to lead a more meaningful and integrated human experience
- Envisions young persons who are committed to self-fulfillment, family-centered, disciplined and self-reliant, socially mature a nd emotionally stable, nationalistic and responsible citizens, and God-loving and deeply rooted in their faith in God.
- As our young Filipino learners go through the lessons in this worktext, they will hopefully learn:
- pagpapakatao at pagiging kasapi ng pamilya (becoming human and family responsibility);
- pakikipagkapwa (treating others as fellow human beings);
- pagmamahal sa bansa at pakikibahagi sa pandaigdigang pagkakaisa (love of country and global solidarity); and
- pagkamaka-Diyos at preperensya sa kabutihan (Love for God and Preference for the Good).